Skip to content
If any Student/Staff Member is kidnapped
- Call 4-911.
- Lock all doors/ windows
- Be prepared to provide a description of the kidnapper and person(s) kidnapped.
- If vehicle is involved, attempt to identify (CYMBAL)
- Color of vehicle
- Body (two door, type of vehicle)
- Anything else of importance (direction of travel, etc.)
- License number
- Refer media to Director of University Relations.
- University Police obtains witness statements.
- If kidnapper is unaware of your presence, do not intervene.
- Call 4-911 immediately, Give dispatcher details of situation.
- Be prepared to provide University Police with:
- Number of kidnapper(s)
- Description of kidnapper(s)
- Type of weapon kidnapper(s) have
- Number and names of person(s) kidnapped
- Demands and instructions kidnapper(s) have given
- Follow instructions of kidnapper.
- Try not to panic. Calm students if they are present.
- Treat the kidnapper as normally as possible.
- Be respectful to kidnapper.
- Ask permission to speak and do not argue or make suggestions.