The names, telephone numbers and campus e-mail addresses of all Nicholls students who are currently on file in Banner are automatically entered into the emergency notification database.
However, it is critical that you log onto Banner and update your contact information. It is the responsibility of each student to enter a valid cell phone number, including area code, to be eligible for the text messaging service.
Instructions on how to add / update a cell phone number in the Banner system:
- Go to the Banner Self Service Web Site.
- Click “Enter Secure Area” to access the login page
- To Login, Enter your UserID (N-Number) and PIN.
- On the top menu, click “Personal Information.”
- From the “Personal Information” menu click on “Update Addresses and Phones”
- On the “Update Addresses and Phones – Select Address” page click on the word “Current” next to your address to edit the details of your current address and phone number
- On the “Update Addresses and Phones – Update/Insert” page you can add or update your cell phone number in the list of phone types located at the bottom of the page
- Select Submit to save your changes.
The database is secure, and your personal information will only be used to contact you in case of an emergency. Please be aware that contact information in the Banner system should be checked for accuracy otherwise you may not receive important emergency alerts.