The names, telephone numbers and campus e-mail addresses of all Nicholls students who are currently on file in Banner are automatically entered into the emergency notification database.
However, it is critical that you log onto Banner and update your contact information. It is the responsibility of each student to enter a valid cell phone number, including area code, to be eligible for the text messaging service.
Instructions on how to add a cell phone number in the Banner system:
- Go to the Student Login site of Banner.
- Enter your Student ID and PIN.
- On the top menu, click on “Personal Info.”
- Choose “Personal Phone Numbers.”
- Enter your 10-digit cell phone number to the list.
- Select the “Type” of number.
- Click “Submit.”
- Select “Exit” on the top left to logout.
The database is secure, and your personal information will only be used to contact you in case of an emergency. Be ware that contact information in the Banner system should be checked for accuracy otherwise you may not receive important emergency alerts.